Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Teaser Tuesdays!

{So, talking to a writer friend, I realized that authors should post a blog once a week. I assumed that it was three times a week but I may have gotten blog posting mixed up with social media postings!

Instead of boring you with statistics and cover details, I will try to do this whole "one blog post per week" thing with Teaser Tuesdays! A fair warning: the teasers will most likely be unedited...}


He usually didn’t awake in such a startled manner but it wasn’t the case that morning. Areiv was alarmed to find there was no human in his bed and there was a variety of scents coming from the other room. He immediately got out of bed to investigate at least the strange aromas, not bothering to clothe himself. When he walked into his dining area, Areiv was greeted with Lindsay’s warm smile as she put plates of food on his table.
“Morning!” she approached him and gave the confused alien a kiss. “You usually walk around naked?” she grinned, embracing him. Areiv returned the smile and kiss.
“… No. I smelled these new aromas and… you were not beside me when I awoke. I was worried.”
“Oh, sorry! I got up before you did and… wanted to do something to thank you for last night…”
“… You are wearing one of my tunics…” Areiv noticed. He didn’t know why but seeing Lindsay in his clothing made him smile more. The Baron switched glances from her to the food on the table. “What is all this?”
“This is an Earth American breakfast! I made scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes and… oh, wait; you can digest our food, right?” the thought suddenly occurred to Lindsay. Areiv chuckled as he wrapped his arms around her, planting a kiss on her forehead.
“Yes, of course. Is it customary to thank someone after performing the mating ritual…?”
“Well… no. I just wanted to surprise you.”
“I see. This is a lovely surprise, Lindsay. I was simply alarmed because I looked forward to you by my side when I awake. However, no one aside from the royal chefs has ever prepared a meal for me. I do believe I will take full advantage of being mated to an Earth woman.” the Baron took note. Lindsay blushed at his confession but finally laughed at his later statement.
“I have a smart aleck alien on my hands…”

No comments:

Post a Comment